It’s all fun and games to laugh at a vegan until they come running asking for food.
Last weekend my brother came to visit and to rub it in my face spend time together for a few days before flying over to Europe.
We have always eaten differently, I sit up for breakfast with my cinnamon oats with banana and trial mix on top while he sits next to me and eats 3/4 packet of cream and jam biscuits with a large cappuccino. We never comment on each other’s eating habits because we both accept each other’s choices and have also learnt from a young age that if the topic is brought up it leads to a debate which can last for as long as it takes for him to admit I’m right hours.
So it was interesting when my brother and his friend came over and were found searching in the fridge for my delights. My inner goddess started to dance, sing and get excited.
They asked if I could teach them how to make them (in other words they just wanted me to make them while they sit and wait for them to be ready). I didn’t mind at all because these are such a quick and delicious recipe that can be made within 10 mins.
1 ¼ cup walnuts
¾ cup pitted dates
2 T organic raw cacao
1 ts vanilla essence
- Add walnuts and dates into a food processor and process until the mixture is combined
- Add cacao and vanilla essence into the food processor and process again until thoroughly mixed all the way through. Stop every now and again to push down the sides on the bowl.
- Spoon out mixture with a desert/teaspoon and roll into round balls
- Lightly coat each ball in coconut and store in an air tight container.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I did tell the boys to leave the delights in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up but as soon as I left the kitchen they were both into them. Standard.
I love delight balls because they look and taste amazing and have nothing but healthy, nutritious ingredients.
I will be posting more delight recipes soon but for those who haven’t seen my Apricot Delight Recipe make sure you check it out.
Question for the day
Do you and your family / partner eat the same foods?